Traditionally, concrete repairs requiring the leveling, raising and stabilizing of concrete slabs was done by a process called mudjacking. Mudjacking is a time-consuming, expensive and messy process. Now, many of the same concrete repairs can be performed with Polyurethane Foam!
How does concrete repair with polyurethane foam work?
- First, small holes are drilled into uneven concrete areas in key locations.
- Next, the polyurethane foam is injected into the holes with specialized equipment.
The foam expands into all of the voids, filling in gaps and stabilizing the underlying soil.
A dense, strong base is created underneath the existing concrete.
Expertly and methodically, the precise amount of needed foam is determined to lift the concrete back to its original height.
- Finally, the holes are filled with materials to match the look of the existing concrete.
Polyurethane foam is lightweight, dense and strong
Concrete leveling with polyurethane foam provides many benefits:
- Smaller and fewer injection sites. Most holes are about the size of a nickel.
- The injection sites are barely noticeable when expertly filled in by an experienced crew.
- Fast and quick! Many projects are completed in only a few hours.
- Sets and cures quickly, so you can utilize your concrete area instantly.
- Lightweight polyurethane foam is strong, dense, and long-lasting.
- Resistant to moisture, chemicals and insects found in the surrounding soil
- Environmentally friendly materials. Polyurethane foam is manufactured with non-toxic compounds (some of which are recycled!) and won’t leach into the surrounding soil.
- Less expensive than mudjacking with grout or complete concrete replacement.
Interested in concrete leveling with polyurethane foam? Call Atlas Foundation at 817-478-1181 for a free quote
The commercial polyurethane foam used by trusted concrete repair companies like Atlas Foundation is not the same as the foams you can buy in a can from a neighborhood home supply store. This is a process that is wisely left to experienced, trained teams using the correct equipment. You can expect a smooth process that shouldn’t affect your landscaping, and will last a long time. Just remember that the soil in the Dallas Fort Worth area is subject to shifting and movement, so proper maintenance and drainage is recommended after concrete leveling is performed on uneven concrete areas.
By providing a faster, cleaner, less expensive option, polyurethane foam has changed the process of concrete leveling. If you have been avoiding concrete repairs because you anticipated high costs, days of noise, and a messy process, it’s time to reconsider. Atlas Foundation can level your concrete with polyurethane foam injections and refresh the look of your walkway, patio or driveway. It will help your home’s value and be safer for your loved ones, too.
Use the Best Fort Worth Foundation Repair Company
Are you interested in learning more about concrete leveling with polyurethane foam injection for your home? Call the experts at Atlas Foundation 817-478-1181 or visit our website. We can schedule a no-cost estimate and answer all of your questions. Our family owned company has served the foundation and concrete repair needs of North Texas homeowners for over 50 years. If you live in the greater Fort Worth area, you can trust Atlas Foundation for its expert and honest repair work and friendly customer service.